As a foreigner visiting India on Business, Leisure or Holiday, you will be able to get an Indian Mobile connection from any Operator in India. Once you landed here in India, visit any nearest Mobile Service Point of Sales (PoS), can be shops authorized to sell new Mobile SIM (usually they display Mobile SIM available) or any Mobile Operator office.
Its just 3 simple steps to get the Indian Mobile SIM as a foreigner:
[Step 1] Apply for New Mobile Connection
- Fill the CAF (Customer Application Form)
- Provide your personal information as per your Passport
[Step 2] Submit Documents
- Submit your Identity Proof & Visa details as KYC (Know Your Customer) documents
- Passport first & last page, as Proof of Identity (POI)
- Your valid Indian Visa copy
- one latest passport size photograph. It should be clearly visible
- A local address for reference. This address can your Tour operator, your Hotel or known people. Proof of Address (PoA) is not mandatory, only reference details required
[Step 3] Activate the SIM
- Once the CAF is filled and KYC documents are submitted, a SIM card will be given to you by the PoS
- To activate the SIM, you have to call a given number of the Mobile Operator to verify the given details by you & your documents
- That’s all, your Indian SIM is activated to make or receive calls in India, unless the tele-verification is negative
- SIM validity will be till the Indian Visa is valid
- Maximum SIM validity will be 3 months
- Even if your Indian Visa is valid more than 3 months, initial SIM validity will be 3 months and can be extended after 3 months
Been to India recently? Have you used an Indian Mobile services? What is your experience?
Visiting India as an International visitor? What else you wanted to know to get an Indian Mobile SIM?